Wrexham & Shropshire Trains: Highest Passenger Satisfaction in History
Passenger Focus, the independent rail watchdog, confirms that Wrexham & Shropshire has secured the highest satisfaction rating ever recorded in the National Passenger Survey. Wrexham & Shropshire, which runs trains out of London Marylebone, scored 98% for overall customer satisfaction. The company also scored record breaking 98% ratings for both staff service and punctuality.
Since launching in Spring 2008, Wrexham & Shropshire has championed low fares and introduced a series of innovations to help the company to break away from the industry norm. From tickets by text message to freshly cooked locally-sourced food on every single train, Wrexham & Shropshire has set a new standard for rail travel. Wrexham & Shropshire is also the only train company to have abolished unpopular peak fares. Passengers can buy their ticket on board at no extra cost and have the option of receiving tickets by text message if they book online.
Andy Hamilton, Managing Director said: “Although a fantastic score, we remain committed to further improving the service, with refurbished carriages currently being brought into service. We believe listening to our customers is the key to our success. Today’s results prove that passengers want value-for-money and great service, and that is what our superb staff work hard to provide. This is not a cue to sit back and relax - we want to build on the 98% and make it 99%!”
Wrexham & Shropshire runs services without any Government subsidy between Wrexham, Shrewsbury, Telford and London Marylebone. Services launched in April 2008 with investment backing from Europe’s largest train company, DB (German state railways). DB provided funding and owns the trains, though the business is run by a local management team based in Shrewsbury.
The Wrexham & Shropshire way…
· Peak fares are abolished – a simple flat fare available any time any day
· A standard class flexible return to London from Shrewsbury costs just £40 with Wrexham & Shropshire. A standard flexible return for the same journey via Virgin Trains costs £173
· Locally sourced food cooked onboard every train and served to passengers at their seats
· All tickets booked at www.wrexhamandshropshire.co.uk can be printed at home or sent as a text message – no more waiting for tickets by post
· Refurbished trains provide sleek and comfortable travel each boasting 4-star hotel standard toilets
The Wrexham and Shropshire railway line is Shropshire's direct link to London providing visitors to Shropshire with a direct route to the county without the need to bring along the car.
Date Posted: 5th February 2010